“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
At Hope in the Hills there is a group of men and women who are appointed as deacons to help carry the burdens of those in need both within our church and in the community. Below, you will find some basic information on deacons and the Deacon Ministry.
What is a deacon? Simply put, the word deacon means servant. A deacon is one who serves others in the love of Christ.
What do deacons do? Our deacons serve to meet the church’s mission by:
- ministering to the rich and poor alike, both within and outside the church
- using wisdom to decide on the best way to share the church’s resources
- being compassionate to the needy by encouraging them with words that create hope and with deeds that bring joy into peoples lives
- being prophetic critics of the waste, injustice and selfishness in our society and being sensitive to the victims of such evils
- being advocates for and with marginalised and vulnerable people
If you would like to get in touch with a deacon please contact the church office.